Sunday, May 13, 2007

The explosion I was talking about...

I think it may be coming right now.....My head exploding, that is....
I had a fabulous Mother's Day. I slept in with my sweetie after a late night out last night. He made me breakfast, then I drove over to pick my daughter up from her dad's. They had bought me flowers and a gift basket, and she made me the *sweetest* drawing :) She and I went to the Spaghetti Factory for a late lunch, and I let her order whatever she wanted, which turned out to be a Shirley Temple, bread and butter, and vanilla ice cream. Haha! Every 7 year old's dream lunch!
After lunch, we came home and spent the whole rest of the day making art!! Yay!!! It is always so much fun when Indigo is working next to me--she is so sweet and creative, my little muse. Truly, she must be my muse, because I came up with two fantastic ideas and tried a new (for me) technique with my pendants. The pendants are made with shrinkable plastic, and today I experimented with fusing pieces of plastic together. It was really scary because I spend so much time drawing them, and to fuse them you basically put them in a really hot oven and wait for them to melt together. Yikes! But it turned out great, and I think I'm going to start doing it to all of my pendants whether or not I am fusing them, because it gives the edges a nice, rounded look.
As for the head-explody part, well, I am just bursting with ideas and creative energy, but I need to be working on my pay-the-bills job, and it is soooo frustrating. So what is my answer, well waste time on the etsy forums (not always a waste of time, but in this case it equals hard-core avoidance of necessary use of time) and writing this blog, apparently. I am bursting at the seams, I have so much to do, I have to be careful because I can feel myself slipping into that awful mode that I call, "overwhelm." As in, "I am in overwhelm." This is a dangerous place for me to be, because I usually find myself frozen in indecision, until finally I block out all of my creative energy and feel like a total artistic failure.
I am posting this blog now, closing all unnecessary windows, and getting some work done so I can go to sleep before my head explodes.

No comments: