Monday, May 12, 2008

Living Room Floor


In my little apartment if it doesn't fit on my easel then it all happens on the living room floor. Which makes it a bit of a challenge to keep things organized, especially when "it" is several newly primed painting surfaces that can't be moved until they're dry. On the other hand, it is a bit of a challenge to stay organized when you have my brain, so there ya go.

I have lots of new paintings running around my head right now, and I'd like to have some of them ready to show at the Alberta Art Hop this weekend! If you live in Portland, be sure to stop by and say hi :) I will be doing some painting on site throughout the day--the first time I've done that during a show, so I'm a bit nervous, but I'm sure it will be fun.

If you are an Etsy buyer, especially of supplies and vintage items, make sure you are aware of this week's changes. This has caused a bit of an uproar among supply and vintage sellers, as it makes it more challenging to find us and most have experienced a huge drop in sales since the changes took place. I think Etsy is listening, however, and I also think that after a bit of time people will learn how to use the new search function and all will be well in supply-land :) Basically, the default search function is now handmade only, so if you want to find a commercial supply, use the drop-down menu next to the search bar and set it to "Supplies: tags, titles."

4 comments:

maoiliosa said...

i've seen a huge drop in sales since the change, too, although my shop isn't for supplies...? who knows why. i hope sales pick up for you soon (and me, too!)! and good luck at the art show! :)

Amanda said...

I will actually be right next to you and Danielle at the Art Hop! Yay! I'm so excited that I'm getting to do it, AND chat with you lovely ladies all day. ;)

It'll be cool to see you paint in person too--I can't imagine what that would be like during an event!

LeaKarts said...

Thanks Melissa! I hope your sales get better too. Maybe it's just Mother's Day, or people haven't realized that they should spend their ENTIRE stimulus checks in our shops :)

Yay Amanda! How cool that you'll be next to us! I'm really exited--the weather is supposed to be great. Last time I did the Art Hop it rained on my paintings.

Unknown said...

can't wait for the art hop. love the pics of your living room/studio. i think it important to truly live amongst your creations.