Monday, September 21, 2009

Hello bloggy!

Work in Progress!

Hello little blog, how I have missed you! I have been so busy lately, I've practically forgotten that I am a blogger altogether. So this post is a mish-mash of things to get you all caught up.

Some of the things I have been doing are amazing little adventures that I never would have seen myself doing (like riding atv's in the sand dunes with some new German friends, or bombing down the West Hills on a bike after dark), and I wish I had photos to share with you! Last night, Indigo and I started building a cardboard boat for the great cardboard boat float this weekend (I will DEFINITELY have photos soon!).

I've also had a lot of work this month (THANK YOU!!!), from gardening to pet sitting to cleaning to portraits to piece work, I am thankful for every little bit of it. Plus I have been working to prepare for the 5 shows I have before the end of the year! Wow! Okay, well two of them I have applications out to, the other 3 are certain though. I'll post more info as they come up, but in October I'll be at the 3 Friends coffeehouse on SE 12th, as well as in Siren Nation Fest. In November I'll be at A Mood For Change gallery in Old Town. The other 2 I'll tell you about if & when I'm accepted :)

Finally, while the photo above is of an unfinished piece, you may have noticed that my new work is quite a bit different than what I was doing before. I've become really interested in mixed media lately, working in pencil, collage, watercolor, acrylic, and more on wood. You'll be able to see the new stuff at my show in November.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! How interesting to see your work in progress. You've got me going....I feel an artwork coming on (!) It's ages since I've made any of my mixed media 'creations'. Would like to see more of your work. :o)

LeaKarts said...

Yay! I'll show you more as I go, as long as you get to that mixed media work yourself ;)