Wednesday, March 09, 2011

DIY Business Cards

Oops! I made a *little bitty* mistake and didn't order new business cards in time for the Buckman Show & Sell this weekend! But it all worked out because I just spent the evening making these little cards instead, so everyone that picks up my card gets a tiny original piece of my art.

I started the same way I start all of my work on paper--with a soft but colorful watercolor wash on a nice heavy watercolor paper. Then I cut them to size, covered all of the edges in ink, and stamped each one with a collection of hand-carved stamps I made for a new series of paintings I'm working on. I'm thinking of doing a little experiment and leaving them slightly mysterious--there is no extra information on the back. I may change my mind though before the show starts. What do you think?

2 comments:

LoveandLustDesigns said...

I LOVE these! Honestly, I hardly ever keep a business card I receive unless it's handmade. I ordered some a while ago but used to make my own and got so many compliments on them when I did.
These are just beautiful!

LeaKarts said...

Thank you LoveandLustDesigns! It was really fun to make them--I think I might do it more often. I still like to have them printed too, especially when I need a LOT of them, but maybe I'll keep both kinds around for different situations.