Thursday, July 26, 2007

eBay hmmmm......

Day 2 of the experiment :)

One of my challenges is to put up some of my ACEO's on eBay. I put 2 of them up just a minute ago, the one to the left included. (I love seeing her in this position for some reason--she looks like she is about to vomit. Hilarious!!)

I am really exited about this for a few reasons. Call it "feeBay" if you will, but eBay has a HUGE community of ACEO artists--so much so that ACEO's actually have their very own category!! I have done decently listing them there before. Secondly, I am charging the same starting price as I would on etsy, but am experimenting with a "buy it now" feature so that someone can buy it outright for $20 if they don't want to go through the auction. It is *possible* that I could get a higher selling price to cover all of the extra fees....

My only hesitation with eBay is that people expect to get fine art at garage sale prices. Not cool. I have been guilty of it in the past (sold some paintings there years ago for $20 a pop!). But these days I have enough love for and confidence in my work, that I refuse to feed into that mentality. I will not list anything for less than what I deserve to get for it! So, let's see what eBay can do for me! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lea, dont compromise your fine work for sure, but mabey start a wee bit lower to entice some buyers. From my eBay experience its all about making up the difference in the "shipping" part. .99c painting, 20$ S/H type scam. Dont go that drastic, but tactics girl, tactics!

<3 Mahaya