Monday, April 13, 2009

All A-Twitter

Twitter. You can't escape it, so you may as well give in. Haha! Seriously, though, Twitter is a really fun, potentially addictive website. You get 140 characters to say whatever you want throughout your day. You can tell people what you're doing, share a cool link, promote your business, chat with friends, or anything you want! As someone who spends most of her day working alone in her apartment, I have to be careful not to tweet every random neurotic thought that pops into my head. But I really love it! Here's an example of my most recent tweets:










So, who are these people, you ask, that you are chatting with, sharing links (or neurotic thoughts) with? They are your followers. YES! I started by finding a number of friends and following them, and they followed me back. Now, through sharing my twitter link on various sites, I have nearly 450 followers and growing. Some people follow everyone who follows them. Others only follow a limited number of people so that they can have a more personal interaction with their followers.

Like I said, you can tweet whatever you want! It is similar to the "updates" that you can type into facebook or myspace. I like to share some of my thoughts during the day. Also, whenever I list a new item in my Etsy shops or update my blog, I will share a link. I try not to over-do the links though. I want people to take a look at what I'm doing & I want to build my customer base, but I don't want to come across as annoying. Like any social networking site, or anywhere in life, really, there is a fine line of etiquette and it can vary a bit from person to person. Different people are interested in following others for different reasons, too, so don't be surprised if you lose a follower or two here, and gain a few more there.

See you on twitter!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no - I daren't. I have enough trouble with blogging sucking up all my time! And I can't think anyone would be interested in my neurotic thoughts (!)

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!! My magnet arrived today - and I LOVE it! And so magically wrapped (I'm going to use those bits n pieces in the next gift I wrap for my neice!) Thank you ! x