Thursday, July 09, 2009

Progression of my newest painting

When I started this painting yesterday, I got the idea to take photos while I worked and post them on my facebook page as I went along. I was a bit nervous at the idea of the added pressure when I first started (what if it came out horribly?!? Would I post my mistakes?!?). After the first couple of pictures and some really awesome comments (THANK YOU!!!), however, I relaxed and had a lot of fun with it. I was so exited, in fact, that when I woke up early this morning I picked up my paints and finished it up!






"Comfort," 2009 by Lea Keohane. All Rights Reserved.


Lately I have been using photographs as references for my paintings. Not to specifically do portraits, but to add some different qualities and more life to my characters. Yesterday I ran across some fantastic old photos from my childhood, and this painting is inspired by a photo of myself and my little brother. I think I may see a series in the works! ;)

No comments: