Monday, February 18, 2008

Yay! Front Page!

Thanks to my friend Danielle, I just found out I was on the front page last night! Doesn't my paper look pretty?

Well, it's check-in time again! I did blog 3 times (more I think!), but didn't finish a painting. The coming weeks are going to be big for me, though. I just finished a very intense, emotionally draining & powerful weekend, which was the kickoff for a 12 week artist's business class. I have learned a lot about myself and my art already, and a lot of things are already coming into focus for me. I have been taking my art in the wrong direction, not painting nearly as much as I've wanted, and completely avoided doing the types of shows I need and want to be doing.

So, there is much to be done, starting with my home, my money, and my time. It is about clearing things up so that I can be a more productive artist. This week is a clean up my home and my finances week, take care of some things I have been avoiding and make my apartment more liveable. I will take some photos along the way and post them here!

6 comments:

JazziesJunque said...

Yay Lea, congratulations on the front page. It deserves to be there.

LeaKarts said...

Thanks jazzies!

PamperingBeki said...

Congrats on front page!!

Jezabels Jewels said...

yay! congrats on the front page...it was a gorgeous one ;)

Danielle said...

You got lots of views! I love the paper and the pics are great!

D

Octavine Illustration said...

ooooooooooh baby! congratulations. front page! woo hoo!