Monday, November 03, 2008

Color Me House

I have mentioned a few times that I have been working a temporary, part-time job for the past couple of weeks. I know that today is Monday, time for my project of the week post, but because I have been working so much I haven't had the time to do this week's project (I promise there will be one next week!). However, the company that I have been working for is an incredible mom and pop business, with a fabulous product, and the owners are such fantastic people. I have really enjoyed working for them! So I thought that this week it would be really fun to highlight their product, as it is a fun project for kids, a great gift to give, affordable, recycled, and the money goes to a really great small business.

Color Me House is a cardboard house (or rocket ship!), that kids can color themselves and play in. The houses and the rockets are made of recycled cardboard, with serrated edges so that they are paper-cut free. They are very simple to assemble, and to disassemble for easy storage. Plus, the outside is all white so that children can color/paint/decorate it however they want! No more destroying your kitchen knives trying to cut doors and windows in an old cardboard box, Color Me House is perfect for make-believe play. Check out their website to see pictures, buy one online, and read more about this great little company :)

In the meantime, if you are still yearning for your project of the week, my friend Danielle has a great tutorial on her blog this week, instructing you how to make a cute little decorative box:
Poetic Purl: The Basic Box

Have a great week!

2 comments:

maoiliosa said...

omg, i want that house for ME! :D such a great idea!

Megan said...

No project of the week for me this week either. Thanks for the link. That rocket ship is awesome.