Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Joke About a Sink or Something

After doing the dishes, finishing up a project, and looking at my sink, I'm sure I found a joke somewhere on the tip of my tongue. Something combining "what's the difference between" and "everything but the kitchen sink?" Although I have my moments of awesome hilarity, however, I am terrible, horrible, no-good, and very bad at telling jokes, let alone making one up! (Just ask anyone who has suffered through my wretched puns).

I thought this would be a great follow-up post to "Ink in the Macaroni," though, seeing as being an artist seems to seep its way into every little corner of my life, including the dishes. Please note brayer & glass plate for inking linoleum blocks in the dish rack :) Oh, and that plastic dish with the weird-looking gray matter is not as gross as it seems in this photo--it is actually a bar of soap that is specifically designated for washing my paintbrushes. The gray on it is actually from black paint getting all sudsy. And of course it wouldn't be an artist's sink without the jar of paintbrushes & the big pot of coffee in the background ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're lucky - you have a double sink. In our flat we have to make do with one - and it's tiny! :-[

LeaKarts said...

I don't know what I would do without it! I only have about 2 square feet of counter space in my whole kitchen, so making meals can be challenging sometimes. I'm glad I can use 1/2 of the sink as a drying rack!